patientMpower is a digital healthcare company providing technology solutions for people living with long term illnesses. We are passionate about empowering better outcomes by enabling patients to better manage their care and providing unique data insights for healthcare providers and researchers to improve treatments.
The successful candidate will gain a real appreciation for the needs of both patients and healthcare workers and how software can have a transformative impact in the delivery of care.
By working here, you can play your own unique role in making life better for people fighting difficult conditions. At patientMpower we encourage and support employees to be brave in their thinking, learn continuously but most importantly grow personally and professionally.
We are looking to hire a versatile Software Engineer who specialises in frontend web development with React. The focus of this role will be on developing and maintaining our clinician-facing web app, which is used to remotely monitor patients. As this is a relatively new app, ensuring solid foundational architecture and best practices is extremely important, so the ideal candidate will have experience bringing similar projects through to maturity and/or refactoring existing apps to a higher standard.
As a frontend role, a keen interest in UI/UX practices is desired, although it is expected that this role will focus more on areas such as architecture, state management, API consumption, reliability, and performance.
- Developing and maintaining the patientMpower clinician-facing web app
- Developing and maintaining the UI Component library
- Maintaining high standards in testing and CI/CD
- Involvement in the full deployment and monitoring of the app
- Working with the product team to scope and prioritise new features
- Validating the feasibility of new designs from the design team
- Reviewing the code of other engineers
- Actively contributing to refining the processes used by the engineering team
Requirements and experience
- An honours degree in Computer Science, or other relevant qualification
- 4+ years experience developing web applications
- Demonstrable experience with React and consuming REST APIs
- Knowledge of deployment and monitoring practices (particularly via AWS with CloudFront and CloudFormation)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with UI Component libraries and Storybook
- Digital healthcare experience
Working from home due to COVID-19 restrictions, but in the future based in our office in Dublin city centre.
We are in the process of implementing a flexible benefits package, in the meantime we will pay 10% of base salary on top of your usual pay. There is also an employee stock ownership plan.
patientMpower is an equal opportunity employer.